The search and replace tool allows you to manipulate content during an export.
It's both powerful and flexible and works very much like the search and replace feature in Microsoft Office. Search for content that you would like to replace and have the option of replacing content based on a partial or full match.
Use search and replace to:
- Correct typos
- Create uniform content across exports. For example, change U.S to U.S.A.
- Match the criteria required in a multiple choice field of a template
There are two ways to use the Search and Replace rule:
1. Navigate to the field you want to map your attribute to
2. Click on the Advanced tab and select Search and Replace.
3. Choose a list (If you're working with multiple lists you can select one at this time)
4. Select the attribute that you will map to this field
5. You have 3 types of search and replace to choose from:
Is (Exact Match) - considers all text you enter in the “Replace” fields exactly as it is entered and replaces all matching text with the text in the “With” field.
Is Not (Exact Match) - considers all text you enter in the “Replace” fields exactly as it is entered and replaces all non-matching text with the text in the “With” field.
Partial Match - considers all text you enter in the “Replace” fields fields as part of text and replaces all sections of the matches with the text the user entered in the “With” field.
You can add multiple rules to really get fancy and manipulate data like the image below:
6. Click Apply.
1. Navigate to the field to which your attribute will be mapped.
2. Select an attribute from the Products tab. (In the image below the "name" attribute has been selected.)
3. Click the blue wrench to open up the rules stacking feature.
4. Select Search and Replace.
5. Follow the steps 3 to 6 from above
6. Click Apply.
To add another Search and Replace rule or edit current ones click the purple gear icon next to the name of the attribute.
Click the Add More button and choose another stack-able rule, including another Search and Replace rule.
Alternatively, click +Add. This only allows you to add another Search and Replace rule. Clicking the purple gear icon allows you to add other rules as well including Category/Tag Generator and Missing Values.
Note: To delete a rule click on the purple gear icon and then click the "X" next to the rule you no longer want.