Filtering products during the export process will allow you to keep all of your product information in one place while being able to split out that information by search terms that you define.
Filters help you eliminate spreadsheet preparation, particularly if you're working with product information that contains many different product types that need to be segmented for enterprise retail, marketplaces, or eCommerce stores
Apply Filters to Your Export
Applying filters to your export is the 3rd step of the export set up process. When you reach it you will come across a section that looks like this:
There are 4 key areas to pay attention to:
- Attribute - this is the column header/attribute that you want to filter on
- Function - include or exclude; do you want to include the items you are filtering or exclude them from the final export
- Match Type:
- Full Match - Only get results that fully match the search term
- Partial Match - Get results that have the search term appear somewhere in the value
- Search Term - the filter term that you want to search for and filter your products by
Completing these fields and clicking Apply will narrow down the products that are included in this export.
- Edit filters using the the little notepad icon at the end of each line
- Remove filters using the X at the end of each line
- Add Filters using the big ole button near the bottom