Disabling and re-enabling your Shopify integration
When you disable your Shopify integration after your products have been exported the product list you exported to Shopify will be updated whenever you update its source data. However, those updates won't be sent to Shopify as the integration has been disabled.
Enabling the integration again will not trigger an update on Shopify. If you want to trigger the update on Shopify you will need to re-enable the integration first and then update the source data. This will trigger an export which will send the updated list to Shopify.
Pushing products to Shopify
Venzee is able to push up to 4000 products per hour, depending on Shopify's servers.
Allowed image sizes for Shopify
Shopify allows images up to 4472px by 4427px, or 20 megapixels. Attempting to export larger images will generate an error. If this happens resize the images and try again.
See How to optimize images for print and web for more information.
Shopify allows 100 variants (i.e. options) per product.
A few things to keep in mind about variants and Shopify...
- Shopify’s “options” are what Venzee refers to as “variants”.
- Shopify allows only one image per variant. However, it's possible to add more than one image to the parent product.
- Shopify limits custom attributes for product variants to 3.
This usually happens because your browser is blocking pop-ups. Make sure that your browser allows pop-ups and try again.
Here’s how to block/unblock pop-ups for four major browsers:
You can use the Search and Replace feature to un-publish products on your Shopify store that have been archived on Venzee.
Archived products in Venzee will appear greyed out and have their Record Status set to Inactive.
1. When preparing your export for Shopify, in Set Up Your Export select View More next to Recommended Fields For Shopify:
2. Scroll down and select the field '16 of 89: Published' and select Advanced (1) then Search and Replace (2):
3. Name the rule (this will show in the published field).
4. In the Attribute box select record status (1) then type Inactive in the Replace box (2) and false in the With box (3):
5. When all mapping has been completed for the export (not just the published field) select Export.
When you complete the export, the search and replace rule will transform the Invalid record status of archived items to the false value required by Shopify:
Which in turn is used to unpublish (hide) the product on your store: