The Math Rule helps you adjust and handle your numerical data within Venzee. It's primarily used for pricing. It allows you to round, add, and multiply prices. For example: cost + shipping x 5%.
Using the math rule to create pricing strategies or to combine inventory
Use the math rule to:
- Combine inventory from multiple locations
- Add product weight to package weight in order to calculate shipping weight
- Use vendor cost to calculate retail pricing
- Use Round Up or Round Down in order to create psychological pricing strategies for retail ($39 or $24.99)
- Add 20% to pricing
- Create discounts
- Start a sales promotion
- Combine shipping and unit price
- Subtract backorders from incoming stock for up to date stock
Below, we'll use vendor cost to create pricing that ends in 9:
Tip! Venzee will strip special characters including the "$" in order to meet the requirements of destination systems that may reject these characters.