Bulk Create Search and Replace is an extension of the already existing Search and Replace functionality in Venzee. It allows the user to create multiple rules for search and replace from a single screen. This saves a lot of time as users do not have to move in and out of the rules section.
Steps to Access
Follow the steps to access the Search and Replace feature when creating an export.
On the right hand side in the advanced widget you will see something similar to this:
Clicking the "Bulk create rules" link will open a new window
Using Bulk Create Rules
The window that opens up will show three "columns":
- Criteria - This is how you want to apply the rules created.
- Is (Exact Match): what you search for will need to match exactly
- Is Not (Exact Match): anything that is not what you search for
- Partial Match: will search for the term within and only replace that partial match
- Search - shows the unique values that appear in the attribute that is being searched
- Replace with - allows the user to insert the replace value they want to insert in place of the original one
Click the blue link that reads "Add rule" to use a rule for a particular line
By default unique values are loaded into the Search column rows for you to choose what you would like to replace. You do not have to use all of them!
Keep scrolling to find all the unique values in your data